A HighTechXL venture is seeking a dynamic and experienced Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to join our high-tech startup as we transition to the scale-up phase.
As the CTO, you will play a critical role in shaping our technological vision, strategy and direction, driving innovation and leading the development and execution of our technology roadmap. You will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of technology development, infrastructure and ensuring the successful implementation of cutting-edge solutions that align with our business goals.
- Develop and drive the company’s technology vision, strategy and roadmap in alignment with business objectives
- Lead the technology and development team, providing guidance, mentorship and fostering a culture of innovation and collaboration
- Oversee the design, development, simulation, testing and deployment of scalable software, embedded software and hardware solutions
- Ensure the security, scalability and reliability of all technology systems and infrastructure
- Identify emerging research themes, technologies and trends, evaluate their potential impact on the business and recommend adoption strategies
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business needs and translate them into technical requirements and solutions
- Manage the technology budget, allocate resources effectively and prioritize projects based on business needs and ROI
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement, establishing best practices, standards and methodologies for development and project management
- Stay up to date with industry trends, technologies and regulatory requirements relevant to the company’s products and services
- Foster strategic partnerships and collaborations with technology vendors, industry experts and research institutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field. A master’s degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Proven experience as a CTO, VP of Engineering or in a senior technology leadership role in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Extensive experience in hardware, embedded/software development, preferably in a startup or technology-driven company
- Strong technical background and hands-on experience in multiple technology domains
- Expertise in scalable architecture design, software development methodologies and best practices
- Familiarity with modern technologies, such as cloud computing, AI/ML, data analytics and cybersecurity.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire cross-functional teams, including hardware/software engineers, data scientists and product managers
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Strong business acumen, strategic thinking and the ability to align technology initiatives with organizational goals
- Entrepreneurial mindset, adaptable to a fast-paced and evolving startup transitioning to a scale-up environment
If you are passionate about technology, innovation and have a track record of driving successful technological transformations, we would like to hear from you.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and achievements to firstname.lastname@example.org.