Veridis is an ambitious and lean deep-tech startup that wants to make the world a better place by tackling climate change and environmental pollution.
Our mission is to design and develop leading and innovative technologies to become the industry standard in complex material characterisation, impacting a circular economy for a sustainable future.
The MADSCAN technology we develop is a unique thermal analysis method for material characterisation that plastic recyclers can use to test and analyse plastics/polymer streams to measure material composition and improve quality accurately.
The candidate has proven ability to hit sales targets, bring in new business and invest in growing existing customer relations. Experience in B2B sales is key.
The ideal candidate preferably has a background in chemical engineering and more than ten years of market & business experience in the world of plastic recycling and, as such, has built a strong network in the sector which they can leverage. He/she/they also have strong management and leadership experience with a startup mindset
- Develop new business opportunities at all sales cycle stages to include targeting, prospecting and presenting compelling business propositions. With a specific focus on B2B.
- Help the sales team to scale the existing base of paid tests and signed LOIs towards setting up paid pilots for the coming years and convert this traction into our commercial rollout.
- Design and execute the business sales and marketing strategy.
- Keeps up to date with market trends, utilising the information for business improvement.
- Attending conferences and events to build relationships with industry partners.
- Develop and maintain a deal pipeline to continuously grow the business and generate sales together with the sales department.
- Foster and develop relationships for the long term with customers and relevant market sector stakeholders, gauging their needs and developing proposals to address these needs.
- Develop and execute the go-to-market strategy focused both on profitable growth and customer satisfaction, where aim to sell our first systems in 2025.
- A start-up mindset with a flexible approach to work with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Extensive market & business experience in the world of plastic recycling.
- Initiative and the confidence to start things from scratch.
- A solid understanding of business and marketing principles.
- Can use a consultative selling approach to develop long-term relationships.
- Strong leadership qualities to lead a team.
- Team-working skills and a collaborative approach to work
What do we offer?
We offer a challenging position with flexible working hours, an informal atmosphere, and a lot of independence. We are an incredibly driven and enthusiastic team with a lot of heart for the circular economy. Where initiative and creativity are valued and where you can deliver a big impact. We are preparing for the initial market introduction of our first MADSCAN system. Preparing the scale-up phase offers huge opportunities to learn, grow and take on lots of critical responsibilities
This is an excellent opportunity for someone at the management level working in the waste sector with circular plastics experience and wanting a change in career path. The right candidate will have every opportunity to grow this role and is a member of the leadership team.
With the right candidate, we are open to discussing a management buy-in opportunity.
Would you like to make an impact and be part of the solution in plastic recycling to really help this industry in becoming more sustainable and join our team?
Please send your motivation, curriculum vitae (CV) and other potentially relevant documents to Jeroen Glansdorp, CEO of Veridis, at firstname.lastname@example.org.