The nitrogen crisis is one of the most urgent crises we are currently facing in the Netherlands. High ammonia emissions from agriculture lead to a decline in biodiversity in nature reserves. Yet no sensor is available that can survive the harsh environment of stables and provide real-time data of ammonia emissions. Instead, is done with assumptions and models to estimate and calculate ammonia emissions.
At Spectrik. we are using Integrated Photonics to measure real-time ammonia emissions in agriculture to improve biodiversity. The platform technology we are developing can eventually also measure other gasses like methane (global warming) nitrous oxide and many others…
We are currently looking for a Technology expert to join our team. So, if you like building products for tomorrow, with the end-user in mind, you have a strong sense of usability and you are passionate about making an impact on people’s lives, let’s talk.
As our Chief Technology Officer you will:
- Grow into coordinating the entire product development (software, photonics, material science).
- Be the mediator between the sector specialists (farmers, researchers, etc…) and the integrated photonics supply chain partners to create the perfect product-market fit.
- Collect, review and interpret datasets and test results.
- Codevelop the technology and product roadmap, together with the stakeholders.
Who you are:
- You have at least 3 or more years of experience in optical system engineering
- You are have experience in optomechanical systems, micro-optics
- Deep interest in integrated photonics (experience is a pre)
- You like deep-tech.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- You have interest in gas sensing and both applied as well as fundamental research.
What we offer:
- Start part-time and move eventually to a full-time position
- A professional, diverse, and international environment
- Support network, including HighTechXL, PhotonDelta and Philips with both technical and entrepreneurial professionals
- Working with a highly motivated, dynamic and diverse team
- Working on a dream location for innovation, the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven
- Attractive overall arrangement (including salary and stock options)