Infitiv is an innovative startup with the mission to prevent food loss in the post-harvest stage. The company is developing a gas sensor that collects fresh produce quality indicators coupled with software recognition to monitor the quality decay during storage in the food-agriculture value chain. The data collected can be further used for evidence-based decision-making to optimize the storage operation and management. We are located on the HighTech Campus in Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
Your roles & responsibilities:
• Fabricate the gas sensor based on nanostructures
• Characterize the gas sensor device using diverse techniques such as Raman spectroscopy, scanning electronic microscopy (SEM), and Four-Point probe measurements
• Design and conduct experiments to improve the gas sensor device development, including gas sensing measurements
• Develop novel capabilities for our sensor devices.
• Interact with the software team, providing feedback and input, from sensor point of view, on the system.
• You will report to the head of research & development and work closely with the Infitiv team, paving the way toward a successful gas sensor fabrication to tackle the food loss issue.
• Education in Applied Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science or equivalent field
• Experience with hands-on laboratory operations, ideally with special focus on working with nanomaterials
• Experience with at least depositions techniques such as CVD, PVD, drop casting, spin coating, and/or ink jet printing
• Aptitude to present relevant data and concise conclusions
• Propose new solutions and alternatives path.
• Familiarity with LabView, Matlab or similar software are highly appreciated.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
• Highly self-starting, ability to work independently and interact in a team
• Part-time is possible
What we offer
• Reasonable salary
• Opportunity to receive stock in the company
• A never-boring job that is at the very cutting edge of the gas sensor technological development
• A purpose-driven job to turn your knowledge and ideas into an impactful product, with positive societal and environmental impacts
• Access to HTXL and startup community with great learning, developing and networking opportunities
• Room for everyone’s talent, a place where new initiatives and ideas are listened to and appreciated.
How to apply
Send your CV and motivation letter to Leandro Sacco, head of Research and Development at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject as R&D – Gas Sensor Engineering.