The nitrogen crisis is one of the most urgent crises we are currently facing in the Netherlands. High ammonia emissions from agriculture lead to a decline in biodiversity in nature reserves, yet no sensor is available that can survive the harsh environment of stables and provide real-time data of ammonia emissions. Instead, it is done with assumptions and models to estimate and calculate ammonia emissions.
At Spectrik, we are using Integrated Photonics to measure real-time ammonia and methane emissions in agriculture to improve biodiversity and reduce the effects of agriculture on global warming.
We are currently looking for a Technology Expert to join our team.
If you like building products for tomorrow, with the end-user in mind, you have a strong sense of usability and you are passionate about making an impact in people’s lives, let’s talk.
As our Technology Expert you will:
- coordinate the entire product development (software, photonics, material science)
- be the mediator between the sector specialists (farmers, researchers, etc.) and the integrated photonics supply chain partners to create the perfect product-market fit.
- create IP together with our partners
Who you are:
- You have at least three or more years of experience in system engineering.
- You are an expert in optical systems.
- You have a deep interest in integrated photonics and deep-tech.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- You have interest in gas sensing or the agricultural sector.
What we offer:
- A professional, diverse and international environment
- Support network, including HighTechXL and Philips with technical and entrepreneurial professionals
- Working with a highly motivated, dynamic and diverse team
- Working on a dream location for innovation, the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven
At this moment we do not provide immediate compensation, but we anticipate that once we secure funding, we will be able to offer competitive salaries.
Send your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org